EVENT TITLE: SIGAW KABATAAN: “Battle of the Bands sa Paskuhan sa Gensan”
EVENT DATE: December 12, 2010;
Time Started – 8:00pm; Time Ended – 11:45pm
VENUE: OVAL STAGE
Manager: LOU BERNADETTE C. DULAY
Director: MARK ESBER
Staffs: AIM HIGH KABATAAN Core Group/Volunteers
SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN FEDERATION Officers
General Santos City is known to be “HOME of the CHAMPIONS.” The city is overflowing with talents from different fields waiting to be tapped.
For this year, the Sangguniang Kabataan of General Santos City in partnership with Aim High Kabataan will take part in the celebration of PASKO SA GENSAN! Sangguniang Kabataan and Aim High Kabataan will provide our local, fresh and young bands a venue to showcase their talents.
With this years’ ANIMATED theme for PASKO SA GENSAN, competing bands will be facing a great challenge in incorporating their song presentations with the theme “Ani’mi sa Gensan, Anime ang Paskuhan”.
Competing bands will be performing their own versions of popular and favorite Christmas songs giving the Generals a Merrier Christmas Celebration.
MECHANICS & GUIDELINES OF COMPETITION
- Contest is open to all amateur bands in the 1st District of South Cotabato with a minimum of 3 - 8 members.
- All band members must not be above 25 years old.
- Participating bands will be required to perform any appropriate cover song, and their own version of Christmas Song.
- Band members should incorporate the theme “Ani’mi sa Gensan, Anime ang Paskuhan” with their look/get-up.
- Screening will be on December 4, 2010.
- The top 10 groups from the screening will be competing on the SK night, December 13, 2010 at the Oval Stage.
- Ranking system shall be used. Should there be a tie between contingents; the rating system shall go back to the actual average points. In case a tie still ensues, the Chairperson will have to break the tie. In no instance shall a tie for the top prize shall be declared. The decision of the judges will be final and executory.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- covers the appropriateness of music.
- Material. How unique did the songs sound? Did the songs fit the set? Did the songs fit the genre?
Quality of performance (30%)
- Confidence/Competence. Did the band look at ease while playing? Did the band appear to be able to do what they wanted to do?
- Set Dynamism. Did the band’s setlist appear to play according to a plan i.e. was it well constructed and able to manipulate the audience’s mood?
- Stage Presence. Did the band use the stage effectively? Did the band appear positive about their performance? Did the band interact effectively on stage? How did the band cope with any problems they may have encountered?
- Conformance to contest rules. Did the band followed the rules stated in the contest i.e. time limit, profanity?
- Attitude. Did the band’s on-stage attitude appear suitable to their genre i.e. were they ‘Punk’ if Punk, ‘Raucous’ if Rock?
- Appearance. Did the band show personality on stage? Did the band appear to enjoy what they were doing?
- Entertainment factor/Showmanship. Did the band entertain? Did one or the entire band display showmanship towards the crowd?
Audience Impact (10%)
- Verbal Interaction? Did the band introduce themselves at all? Did the band talk to or with the audience?
- Physical Interaction? Did the band physically participate with the audience e.g. Eye contact, head nod, acknowledgments, waving, gesturing, dancing with the audience or giving hand signals.\
- Confidence. Was the band confident in their interaction with the audience?
- Groups must submit:
1. Filled- up registration forms
2. Photocopy of members’ birth certificate and one valid ID
3. Certification from the Barangay or school represented
Prizes shall be as follows:
Champion - - P15,000 cash prize + trophy
1st Place - - P 10,000 cash prize + trophy
2nd Place - - P 8,000 cash prize + trophy
Consolation prize - P3,000 cash prize x 7 competing bands
PARTICIPATING BANDS (FINALISTS)
1. Kamoteng Bakal Champion
2. We Live in P 1st Place
3. Sayanara 2nd Place
4. Input Consolation
5. Vertica Ledge Consolation
6. Overdue Consolation
7. Alcomix Consolation
8. Sweet Rhum Consolation
9. No Choice Consolation
Champion - Kamoteng Bakal
1st Place - We Live in P
2nd Place - Sayanara
1. Marte Angelo Reyes
2. Israel Guangco
1. Effective partnership with different establishments and institutions in General Santos City:
· Golden State College Instructor Chammy Villamor & Students
· AMA Computer Learning Center – Computerized Judging & Tabulation
· San Miguel Beer – Party Zone (Venue for 3-day Screening)
· Bar_ko – Drink and Dine Resto (Dinner of Judges)
· Chuya Clothing Line (give-aways)
· Campus Radio – Official Media Partner
2. Active volunteerism from the Sangguniang Kabataan and Aim High Kabataan.
3. Agreeable initiative from the event’s main movers.
4. Commendable support from the Local Government Unit most especially to CEMCDO, CMO, and GSO.
1. Mechanics lacks with the guideline that bands should provide their own band instruments except for the drums.
2. Started late.
3. Late Information Dissemination.
The Battle of the Bands during Pasko sa Gensan is a good add-on to the festivities highlights. It can have its Chrismasy Feel thru the songs that the bands will be performing and the costumes they are required to wear during the contests.
The organizing committee of this event suggests that during the screening and finals, band instruments should be provided including the bass, rhythm guitars, drums and drumsticks so more neophyte yet talented bands can join.
It would also be best, if spreading of invitation and information will be a month or two ahead of the date, to give the interested groups ample time to prepare and practice. Thus, competing bands for the finals will the best among the best.
For the FINALS, it should be stated clear that tardiness is a factor in winning or losing in the competition.
Overall, the SIGAW KABATAAN: Battle of the Bands sa Pasko sa Gensan is successful. The majority are satisfied with the outcome and quiet a number of spectators are present.
Prizes - Grand Champion
- First Runner-Up
- Second Runner-Up
- Consolation Prize
@ P 3,000.00
Honorarium of judges @ P 1,500.00
Hotel Accommodation of Judges
Travel Allowance of Judges
@ P 300.00/card
Fuel Expense (Premium Gasoline)
Refer to Congresional
Meals (Staff, Guests and Judges)
refer to CMO
Honoraria - Staff @ P 500.00
T-shirt for Judges and Staff
Trophies for Winners
refer to CEMCDO